Sabeel Wave of Prayer
25th October 2018
The ‘Great March of Return’ continues along the Gaza border. Among the thousands legitimately protesting, one hundred and thirty persons were injured including Journalist, Fady Thabet. Israel has announced that it plans to start a ‘zero tolerance’ approach, using live fire on protestors further away from the fence.
- Lord we pray for those who take a stand for justice and raise their voices in legitimate protest against oppression. Protect those who make a stand to let the world know what is happening in Gaza. Lord, in your mercy…hear our prayer.
Israel has suspended the demolition of Khan al-Ahmar for “several weeks”. This comes amid increasing violence from Israeli occupying forces who used tear gas, pepper gas and stun grenades on locals and internationals last week.
- O Lord, grant that the Israeli authorities will take time to realise that this place is a home built by wisdom, established by understanding, and filled by knowledge (Proverbs 24:3). Give peace to the families at Khan al-Ahmar and strength to those standing in their defence. Lord in your mercy…
The Kumi Now initiative launches this week. This initiative of over sixty organisations encourages everyone to rise up together for justice through short, simple, nonviolent actions.
- Gracious Lord grant us the strength to rise together with others around the world in nonviolent action alongside the people of Palestine. Lord in your mercy…
Sabeel is holding a bible study for women at Ein Kerem this week.
- Lord, we are thankful for the continuing Sabeel contextual bible study sessions with the community in Palestine. We, specifically, raise before you the commitment of the women who will meet at Ein Kerem. Lord in your mercy….
On November 1st , the Palestinian authority plans to start enforcing the first comprehensive social security system to cover all private sector workers . The Palestinian authority states that, the purpose of the social security system is to provide protection to the workers of the Palestinian private sector in case of old-age, disability or death, employment injury or maternity. Tens of thousands of Palestinian workers have been taking to the streets to demonstrate against parts of the law which they see as unfair, many protestors have expressed their mistrust of the Palestinian authority and its intentions.
- Lord, we pray for all the Palestinian workers who are on the margins. We also give thanks for the demonstrators who stand up for the rights of the people and express their concerns with nonviolence and a creative call for justice. Grant the Palestinian authority open ears to hear the concerns of the people and humble hearts to serve the Palestinian people in a fair and transparent way. Lord in your mercy…
· We join with the World Council of Churches in their prayers for The Caribbean: Antigua and Barbuda, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Cuba, Curaçao, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, Sint Maarten, St Kitts-Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago