Sabeel Wave of Prayer
27th December 2018
27th December 2018
‘The Great March of Return’ continues into its 39th week. Four Palestinians were shot and killed, including Muhammad Muin al-Jahjouh,16, by Israeli forces at the eastern borders of Gaza, while over 40 Palestinians were injured.
· Lord, we pray for the families as they grieve over their loss. We continue to pray for the safety of the protestors and for them to continue to espouse non-violent means to achieve their rightful demands. Lord, in your mercy...Hear our prayers
The photograph of Palestinian demonstrators taken along the Gaza borders on April 6th, 2018 by the Reuter’s photographer Mohammed Salem is one of the many memorable images included in ‘The Israeli-Palestinian Conflict through the Lens in 2018’.
· Lord, we pray that the inspiration, passion and energy of Palestinian journalists continue to raise awareness of the plight of Palestinians. Lord in your mercy… Hear our prayers
Hundreds of Israeli settlers, accompanied by Israeli soldiers, raided the Greek Orthodox Monastery of Mar Saba, east of Bethlehem, in the occupied West Bank. The raid was timed to disrupt the devotions of the Palestinian Christians who had come to celebrate the feast of St. Saba.
• Lord, we pray for an end to the Israeli occupation that allows the mistreatment of Palestinian civilians and the harassment of peaceful worshippers. Lord, in your mercy.... Hear our prayers
Hudhaifa al-Hariri from Umm al-Fahm in northern Israel died in hospital after being shot at an incident at a petrol station near the Megiddo junction. Four other separate shooting incidents took place in northern Israel this week. Crime among the Israeli Arab citizens is on the rise, while the Israeli government ministries neglect the basic needs of the Arab sector.
• Lord, we pray for the family of Hudhaifa as they mourn the loss of their young son. We pray for an end to the rising tide of violence among Israeli Arabs which threatens to weaken communal ties. May your spirit, God, guide us to continue to seek equitable treatment for Arab communities from the Israeli government. Lord in your mercy… Hear our prayers
The Edward Said National Conservatory of Music presented the Palestinian all-girl choir
‘Banat Al-Quds’, (Daughters of Jerusalem), in a concert to launch their new CD on Tuesday, the 18th of December, at a cultural centre in Jerusalem. The choir sings together with a Norwegian choir and the Princeton Girls’ Choir from the USA on the CD.
• Lord, we praise you that we can express the deepest feelings of our hearts through the gift of song. Let us remember the words of the prophet Habakkuk as he sang out to you in troubled times, ‘God, the Lord, is my strength, he makes my feet like the deer’s, he makes me tread on my high places.’(Hab.3:19) Lord, in your mercy... Hear our prayers
At the United Nations in New York, the countries of the UK, France, Germany, Italy, Sweden, Belgium, the Netherlands and Poland reiterated the EU policy on Israel/ Palestine. It confirmed its support for a two state solution, with Jerusalem as the future capital of both states.
• Lord, we pray for an end to the Israeli military occupation of Palestinian territories and for a just and lasting peace. Lord, in your mercy.... Hear our prayers
This week the Kumi Now non-violent initiative is asking its participants to give feedback on the Kumi actions. This will be the first of three specific times throughout the year when feedback will be especially welcome at: .
• We join with the World Council of Churches in their prayers for the countries of
Japan, North Korea, South Korea and Taiwan. Lord, in your mercy.....