Sabeel Wave of Prayers
June 14th 2018
June 14th 2018
On Friday, Israeli soldiers shot and killed a 15-year-old boy, Haitham al-Jamal and three other Palestinians, while 92 others were wounded. Over the last eleven weeks more than a hundred Palestinians have been killed in demonstrations along the Gaza border.
· Lord, we pray that there may be an end to this dreadful loss of life. We pray that the Palestinians may once again live peaceably, enjoying respect and justice in their homeland. Lord God let your will be done..
Last Tuesday, the Israeli army raided the village of Humsa al-Fawqa and expelled five Palestinian families from their homes. The army plan to carry out military exercises in the area. This is the third time this has happened to these families in the past two months alone.
· Lord, our home should be a place of shelter and safety and yet the people of Humsa al- Fawqa face frequent evictions and harassment. We pray that this military victimization will cease. Lord in your mercy…
Last month the Bedouin village of al-Araqib was demolished for the 129th time by the Israeli army. The Israeli government has employed various methods to bring pressure to bear on the Bedouin people to move to town centers and confiscate their lands. These government facilities are not designed to cater for the needs and customs of the Bedouin.
· Lord, we give thanks for the international support which has been expressed for the village of al-Araqib. People around the world have been shocked by the actions of the Israeli government. We ask for strengthening to continue to work for your justice with loving hearts, committed to loving our neighbours as ourselves. Lord have mercy…
Palestinians and human rights activists have asked the international community to boycott special events in Israel to exert pressure on the Israeli government to abandon its occupation of Palestine.The Argentinian football team responded to this request by cancelling a friendly game with the Israeli team in Jerusalem. The Palestinian footballers have expressed their gratitude to the Argentinian team.
· Lord we long for ‘the time when your righteousness will abide in the fruitful field and the effect of righteousness will be peace’(Isaiah 32:16). Lord may your kingdom come and your will of be done…….
A 21-year-old, IzzaAl-Tamimi,from the village Nabi Saleh died of his wounds after he was shot by the Israeli army during a demonstration in his village.
· Lord we pray for the family and friends of Izza Al-Tamimi, that you will bring them comfort at this distressing time. We pray for the safety of Palestinian demonstrators and for an end to the Israeli military occupation. Lord in your mercy ….
Israel's Knesset has disqualified a bill that called for Israel to be “a state for all its citizens”, rejecting the argument it must recognize the rights of its Arab minority as equal to the Jewish majority.
· Lord we pray for the day when Israel becomes a country which no longer discriminates against its citizens on the basis of ethnicity or religion. Lord in your mercy …
Israel will deduct funds from the Palestinian Authority (PA) to compensate for damages caused by ‘fire kites’ from Gaza which have set fire to fields adjacent to the border. Dr. Hanan Ashrawi slammed Israel’s decision to withhold funds from the PA, calling it a violation of international law.
“Israel insists on punishing its own victims and criminalizing any and all forms of resistance to its illegal and oppressive system of colonization. Such a bill is an egregious violation of international law and international humanitarian law and constitutes a collective punishment of the Palestinian people other than being outright theft. Palestinian revenues should not be subject to Israeli jurisdiction,”
· Lord we pray that the Israeli policy of violating international law should stop. May the rightful demands of the Palestinian demonstrators for the right of return for refugees and lifting the military blockade on Gaza be granted. Lord in your mercy …….
This weekend, our Muslim sisters and brothers in Palestine, Israel, and around the world will celebrate Eid al-Fitr, the feast marking the end of Ramadan.
· Lord we pray that this may be a special time for all who are celebrating and that they will have opportunities for fellowship with family and friends. Lord, in your mercy…